I've talked to many garden owners, and when I mention to them the idea of lansdscaping, they usually become either defensive or reluctant to the idea, or both. They counter me with responses like:-
- "I don't have a big enough garden"
- "It'll look too fancy"
- "It'll be too expensive"
- and the classic..."are you saying my garden's not good enough?"
The last point is understandable. The majority of garden owners are proud of their gardens. That pride stems from the fact that they have put work into it. They planted, mowed, and pruned their garden and made it what it is - and probably got the bad back for their efforts too. The idea of getting some third party to suggest new ideas for their garden space can seem a little unsettling - and that's understandable.
However, I put forward the idea of simply getting a second opinion on your garden space from a professional. They can take a look, and put forward ideas that could be implemented. The great thing about this is it will probably give YOU ideas you've never considered before. It can open up a whole new way of thinking about your garden space and what can be done with it. A professional landscaper will be able to visualise via drawings / 3D renderings a number of landscaping ideas that could be implemented, so you can see clearly what is possible.
Now, let's say you decide to go ahead with one particular idea...here's a number of reasons why it's wise to choose a professional landscaper to actually accomplish the design:-
- a good landscaper will have experience of the particular design they're implenting
- they can purchase the materials cheaper than you can (all things being equal) via their trade partners
- they will save you time and stress
- they have the man power to complete the job on time. Consider how long it would take you do to it yourself
Even if you don't decide to make any changes, new landscaping ideas can inspire you to make smaller changes to your garden. Article kindly provided by penrithlandscaping.com.au