Interior Design without Breaking the Bank
If like many of us you want your home to look fabulous, but don't like the idea of paying mega amounts for a design team, then why not have a go yourself? You more than anybody will know your taste and preference, it's all about putting pen to paper, but in this case your ideas to life! So, let's give this a go. Together we want to help make your house a home, by putting your own stamp on things.
No matter if you're a first time buyer looking for some affordable types on how to decorate your home or you're simply looking to redecorate one of your rooms to something fresher and more stylish, we have you covered. We want to share a few of our home design tips with you, so that you can take it away and make it your own, whether this gives you an idea on redecorating or reupholstering something fun and exciting or it's your blueprint to your dream home, you're sure to love our tips for interior design without breaking the bank!
Less is More
Regardless of where you hear it from, these days the best tip you'll get is that less is more, and it really is. There's no need to have heaps of things out on display nor is there time to be putting ten cushions on your bed. We mean it when we say it but less really is better when it comes to decorating your home. Not only will it help to make your very few decorations stand out, but it will make your home room appear much larger which is a win, win right?
Some of the top interior design blogs always stress the importance of natural furniture, meaning furniture that is from best place of all, nature. Make it what you will be choosing natural choices in your home will give a much more eco, loving and clean feel to your home. Be it something small as choosing plants as finishing touches or opting for oak furniture
throughout your home, it will make a huge difference. Not only is natural much more longer lasting, it looks great no matter what you choose. Our favourite home designs often incorporate wooden furniture and accessories in their portfolios.Wardrobe Space
There's nothing better than having a floor to ceiling wardrobe, i.e. a sliding wardrobe. These types of wardrobes increase your wardrobe space (and storage) a tenfold. Not only that, but one of the best hidden gems from a sliding wardrobe is that you can hide all of your clothes, coats, shoes etc. without them ever being on display. This is because you will have sliding wardrobe doors in a design to suit your room, that behind them will withhold all of your clothing, shoes and accessories. They really are great and a huge 10/10 from us!Quick-Fire Tips for Interior Design
Designing your perfect home will always be much more achievable than you originally think. People often look online for the top interior design trends of that Season and then get disappointed when there's don't look the same. But these homes you see online often look like showrooms, ones that aren't lived in, so they're not really a home. Be realistic with your goals, understand that you're making a house a home, not the other way around. You want to be able to enjoy a beautifully designed home knowing that you did it all yourself. And with that said, we'd like to share some quick-fire tips for interior design, to help you achieve your dream home in just a few simple ways:
- Choose furniture with legs - This will give an illusion of a much larger room whilst also increasing floor space
- Hang your mirrors - Wall mirrors are a great way to increase your room size and they take up no floor space, winning!
- Opt for light colours and shades on your walls - This will make the room feel warm and also larger
- Mix old and new - If you still like something old, then reupholster it or redecorate it for a new look
- Trust your intuition - You know both you and your home better than anybody, so if you like it go for it!
- White kitchens - This is 100% a classic. You'll never tire of having a white kitchen as it will always look clean and immaculate
- Aim for a centre piece - In every room look for something fascinating and make it the talking point
- Be creative - Try to think outside of the box with your design after all, design itself is a form of art
- Lighting - Don't underestimate the lighting in the room as it's one of the most important aspects, a lighter bulb will make the room lighter and more visually appealing
- Floor plan - Before you jump ahead with a paintbrush, think about the actual floor plan and where things will actually go
- Upholstery - The best investment you'll ever make. Your furniture will be one of a kind and no one else will have the same item as you
- Have fun! - The best part of designing and decorating your home is having fun in the process, this will make your home even more beautiful
No matter how you would like your home to be decorated, the colours or even the furniture, you've made the first step by researching. Now all you need to do is plan and design each room in a way that suits you. Regardless of whether you're doing a full design process or simply changing the colours and bedding around, you're still making huge leaps with your decorating skills. Start from the bottom with little projects and before you know it you could be doing some of the big things yourself!